About This Course
What is meditation? For thousands of years, human beings have practiced refined techniques of mental focusing, designed to change the habitual conditioning of the mind. Central to many spiritual and philosophical traditions and known in English as “meditation,” these practices are considered a major means for enhanced awareness and self-mastery.
In recent decades, modern science has dramatically confirmed what advanced meditators have long claimed—that meditation, correctly practiced, offers deep and lasting benefits for mental functioning and emotional health, as well as for physical health and well-being.
The many practical benefits of meditation include
- marked and lasting reduction of stress;
- increased ability to focus and concentrate, as well as clarity of thinking;
- freedom from detrimental patterns of thought and emotion;
- increased learning capacity and memory; and
- greatly enhanced well-being and peacefulness.
View additional details about this course:
Practicing Mindfulness: An Introduction to Meditation